« Home | Where Computers Go to Die... ? » | Salute The Nation » | Stopping By Woods On A Snowy Evening »

Preservation and Conservation Like This...



The memorial of the 'Lion of Kerala' - Veera Pazhassi Raja - who
organized the guerilla warfare against the British East India
Company, is situated at Mananthavady. He was the king of the
Kottayam royal family of Malabar in Kerala, India during the
last decades of the 18th century.

Now look at the above pictures. The first picture is taken around
ten years before. The second and third pictures are new.

Strange na..... Where is the tree in the first picture???

This is how the Archaeological Department of kerala preserving
and conservating ancient, historic monuments and places.

Hi Jansan,

It is hear breaking to see the present status of Pazhassi's tomb. I remember I have been to this tomb 5 to 10 times during my shcool days at Vidaya Sagar, I have not visited this place in the near past.

I am really sad about it when I saw the pciture in your blog. Recently I got a mail from a Britisher who visited my blog while searching things about Wayanad.
It was his great grant father who was a captain in East India Company who tracked down Pazhassi Raja. He is on a research about Wayanad, Pazhassi, Thirunelli temple and lot of places. He was able to get books written about Wayanad during the 1900's and a lot of other historic articles and original letters written by the employees to their managers and all during that time.

He will be visiting wayanad very soon I think.

I feel very bad that we are not showing any interest towards preserving the historic belongings, and especially when I compare with people like whim who do not even belong to Wayanad.

Post a Comment

About me

Links